Saturday, August 3, 2013

Baptism by Sauna and P-Day on the Beach


We were blessed to be a part of the baptism of Antonio Saucedo this weekend, it was Hermana Castro´s first cumplemes on Saturday and even though I was so busy and stressed out putting the baptism altogether, I didn’t have time to make her anything but I ended up telling her that her gift from me to her was a baptism for her first month :)

Everything worked out well too thank goodness because we had some difficulty printing out the programs about an hour before the baptism too! I told Pitola to run the errand for me, since I had to stay to finish setting up, I was trying to work on my pronunciation for my talk that I was giving at Antonio´s baptism, when Pitola freaked out and told us that the water in the font was way too hot. We told him that we filled it up that way because we didnt want it to be cold by the time he got in, the water really wasn’t hot, it was more like warm, but while it was filling up we had closed the doors and when we opened it up to check up on it there was so much moisture in the air that it did feel like a sauna. I told Hermana Castro that we literally are going to baptize him by fire! We quickly ran the cold water for a couple of minutes and the water felt better. After we gave our talks and headed for the font, we were waiting in the sala to watch when Hermana Castro laughed and told me she heard someone say, "I think the waters a little hot." But when the doors opened Antonio was there with his collegue Hermano Marco about to be baptized, it really was remarkable to see this man who I had only known for two weeks and now he was making the real change that he had been working on for years before.

Antonio really was prepared for the gospel, sometimes I don’t really think I did anything except give him an invitation to church. He had been an example to me really, after he was confirmed on Sunday he went to priesthood with the Elders and the President asked if there would be any volunteers to go out on splits with the Missionaries this week and he quickly shot up his hand and asked, "Can I go?" When I heard this I leaned over to Castro and said, “That’s our convert.” ;) Really, he’s such a rad guy. I am just so happy to believe that he will be one of those golden members as well, just after we leave and years go by...that is what conversion should be.

On this loving Pday, our zone celebrated by making a Columbian breakfast and playing out on the beach because we completed our goal of baptizing 12 people this month of May, which is historic because Esther is new and so is Elder Romero. My zone leader is telling us we have to keep this going for as long as we can. It was pretty awesome to find that we were one of the top zones in the mission for this week and month. Speaking of which, the past week, Castro and I made it first in the top ten companionships but I do owe a lot of that to the help of our zone that took a Monday night to help us find news and help teach lessons.

This week looks a little crazy too because we are planning two more baptisms for this Saturday, a man named Gustavo and his daughter Selma will be getting baptized together. Gustavo has been investigating the church for 32 years ever since he married his wife who is a member and then suddenly he finally got his answer. While going over information for his program, we met the daughter who ended up telling us yesterday that she too had received an answer and would like to baptized with her dad. Shocked and amazed, Castro and I got started taking down info, it does feel a little weird only because I feel like their not my converts because I honestly only taught them a lesson during the second hour of church, the principles of the gospel with my kid Fidel, but for some reason after that the wife wanted us to continue teaching and preparing her husband´s baptism.

Hope you enjoy the pictures from these past two weeks, I will have more next week too! Love you all, besitos!

Love your daughter, Hermana Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment