Saturday, January 5, 2013

Almost time for Chile!


Thank you for your several Dear Elders! They were entertaining as usual and detailed which is how I like them...so awesome news today! I got my flight plan!!!!!!! I leave next Monday at 4 in the morning and my flight is at 7 I believe and we have a four hour lay over in LAX so that means I get to call you guys at home, we will have to figure a time when everyone can be home at the same time so I can talk to all of you! Also, because I am leaving next week, that means if you are intending on shipping any packages to me they MUST be sent no later than Monday just to make sure I get them in time. Also, I might be mailing back some stuff that either cant fit in my suitcases or that I see fit to return because I dont want them to either be ruined or stolen on my mission namely those beautiful earrings you gave me, I have worn them here at the MTC but I dont want them to be taken by any Chilean...
 
ALso, im sorry you waited for my email yesterday and it didnt come I was welllll lying in bed sick with yet another virus...shhh Im technically not supposed to tell you this because MTC didnt want a million phone calls from worry wart parents but I will not hold back if you promise not to freak out because everything is all well and good now. So I recovered from my para-influenza virus last week but then two days later I contracted another gastro whatever virus pretty violently and so did at least 10 percent of the MTC. In fact, by the second day of this week, after the virus had been caught within the first 48 hours, every district in the whole MTC had at least one person in their district who got it except for 4 districts in the entire MTC. It was probably the most voilent stomach flu I have ever had which consisted of vomiting and dry heaving a totally of 11 times within 5 hours, diaherrea, chills, abdominal cramps and nausea. It took me a little bit longer to recover because my body was still trying to recover from the previous virus but rest assured that I am well and eating my weight back on, I mainly just wanted to share it because it was probably the most ''exciting'' thing that happened to me and took up more than half of my week thus far.
 
It has been hard to focus more than ever though with our departure so near but I really am going to miss the other districts here and my teachers so much mainly because most of them will have already graduated BYU by the time I return from the mish but with that being said I am so very excited to finallly leave! Mom, I do know Elder Watmough he came in a week before Christmas and is part of the newest district in our zone, he along with Hermanas Cluff and Lefevre are going to Antofa. I do not know the other Elders nor have I met them in the MTC but I do know at least half of the people I am traveling with to Chile, they are my original companion Hermana Catron and two elders from her district Elder Church and Elder Silvester who I have actually come to know pretty well.

1 comment:

  1. This will be my first post to Morgan’s blog (sorry Christine, I’ve meant to) but that’s because I’ve been writing her twice a week on dearelder. I keep a running word document and ad little things every day, so she can keep up on everything; just as I would if she was here with me, having one of our mother daughter talks. As I read hear emails I smile cuz I can see her expression and hear her laugh. Gosh it’s already time for her to go into the field, this is what she’s waited for, for a long time. This is what her dad and I waited for as well. I’m connected to a missionary moms email for Chilean moms who have kids in Antofagasta, Vina del Mar, Rancagua, and a few other missions. I’ve managed to find a mom whose son knows Morgan and she him. It’s fun to discuss some of my concerns and enjoyments with someone who’s going through the same exact feelings and emotions that I am right now. In one of my last emails to this missionary mom I told her the best way to describe how I feel is a feeling of Euphoria. To all you potential missionary moms this is what you have to look forward to and it’s pretty special. The last email really touched me and maybe some of you who read it, my daughter has come so far and is now becoming a spiritual giant, what a transformation. As I finished reading the email I could see Morgan charging up a hill, grabbing a tattered and torn flag lying on the ground; it was the flag of her troop. As she ran with it, it unfurled and began to move through the air. I could see something was written on it but couldn’t make it out, until she stopped, turned around and beckoned me to follow her. She thrusted the flag upward pointing it high to the heavens, it was then that I could read what was written on it, “In memory of our God, our religion and freedom and our peace, our wives and our children.” I dropped everything that I was holding on to and followed her.
    Her family, which includes extended family as well, are so proud of her. We know she’ll be an awesome servant of the Lord.
    Cindy Kennedy
    1st time Missionary Mom – Hermana Morgan Kennedy, Antofagasta, Chile mission Nov. 14th, 2012 – May 2014

    ReplyDelete