Saturday, September 21, 2013

At The Car Wash...


This week was super busy! We planned four activities in 7 days and yeah you feel just a little stressed out...BUT it paid off, the car wash idea worked brillantly! I was so afraid it wasn’t going to be that successful since we didn’t really have that much time to advertise at all, aka 24 hours. But sure enough within ten minutes cars started rolling in. I had organized three groups to switch every hour, with the group A in charge of advertising with signs on the street, group B in charge of teaching and giving tours to the people waiting for their car to be cleaned and Group C in charge of, well… cleaning the cars. As the cars rapidly started coming, there only ended up being 6 of us talking to people, giving pamphlets and tours and four people with street signs and the rest of the 16 missionaries washing cars and with one hose too. I ended up running up and down the capilla, delegating the work, I loved it so much. We ended up getting pretty soaked too and the sharing the gospel this way ended up being so useful, the people were a lot more receptive this way into discussing and it was so easy to bring them inside the church that a lot of their fear from the ¨unknown¨ vanished once they entered. We ended up receiving 26 references in two and half hours!
Our talent show is in the works, it looks like it’s going to be great this Friday. Apparently a lot of other wards found out about it and other missionaries wanted to know if they could go so they could bring their investigators and I said sure! I think what helped is Elder Rodriguez asked Castro and I to be a part of a Youth conference workshop on missionary work with members. Well, we made a presentation on the thing we do the best...ACTIVITIES! I felt pretty cool to be there with the other district leaders and zone leaders; I really think I got myself a nice set up in Iquique. Another reason I don’t want to leave is because I think Rodriguez isn’t so hard on me and sometimes gives me a break or first dibs because he’s seen me go out of my way to do a lot for the zone. In some cases it’s not what you know but who you know.
Other than that, we’re planning and expecting two baptisms this Saturday and so begins another very hectic week in the mission field. I told Castro that I think I need to run hard tomorrow morning, even if I’m tired...because I’m tired of feeling like a schlump, and yeah I think I just made that up but I hope you get the picture.

Con mucho besitos,

Hermana Kennedy

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment