Sunday, August 4, 2013

Some Bonds Aren't Made by Coincidence


The Last Week of Cambio Number 4:

And so here we are again, going on to another cambio and Hermana Castro and I, vamos a quedar juntas! Voy a terminar su entrenamiento in Renacimiento...and we ended this great transfer with three baptisms and the last one last night :) Elder Pitola se va a Arica and so we are getting another District Leader who is going to be a gringo, Elder Scottman who I actually met my first day in Chile because he worked in the the office, and so we spent the past weekend celebrating with la Familia Memano who is the house of our mamita and the elders to spend some last couple of moments with Pitola. 

Hermana Castro and I sent a pouch package for President Bruce and Hermana Bruce so they have something to read on their long flight back to the states in ten days. I had some nice surprise phone calls from some other sisters in the mission such as Hermana DeLerma, Hermana Solaman, Hermana Carito and Hermana Fuentes who all wanted to talk about where I was going or if I was staying. Most of the sisters I know, are in Copiapo now, I feel like so many missionaries are either down there or in Arica; it’s like a party house in those places! LOL 

Helping prepare Augusto for his baptism was a little hectic but what are baptisms for right?! He is such a great kid really and when he smiles he looks like Chris Brown! He has been asking a lot of questions about how one becomes a missionary and just knowing that he’s asking those questions already makes me choke up. Our recent convert Antonio came to the baptism as well and was a witness. He blessed the sacrament this past weekend after a week of receiving the priesthood...when we told him on Friday that we had cambios coming up, he got so scared and doubtful when he told us, "You´re not leaving yet?! “I just know you’re not, I’m not ready for either of you to leave." Its moments like that, that make me realize that we truly are their missionaries forever, they are moments and relationships that have a special connection, they are bonds that weren’t made through coincidence. 

From this cambio, I just want to say that I am so eternally grateful for what I have learned from my fellow missionaries and converts and how I have grown in my teaching skills and spiritual needs, I owe a lot for what I was given here and I am determined to work even harder and be even better to see a change in me and to find more of those who are truly waiting to receive this gospel. A gospel whose fundamental truth is change, that it is real and men can change and receive a heart from God but only through our Savior, Jesus Christ. 

Until next week with the news on our new zone, much love from Chile,

Hermana Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment